The blue card system
The blue card system:
- is a key prevention and monitoring system of people working with children and young people in Queensland
- aims to minimise the risks of harm to children and young people by contributing to the creation of safe and supportive environments, and
- is founded on the principle that all children have a fundamental right to be protected from harm.
- the past is risk managed though the initial assessment, which determines a person’s eligibility to work with children, based on known police or disciplinary information
- the present is risk managed through police information of all blue card or exemption card holders, which is continuously monitored so any changes are actioned appropriately, and
- the future is risk managed by service providers, who are required to implement child and youth risk management strategies and review them annually.
Last Updated: 11 August, 2016