Do I need a blue card or exemption card?
Business operators or people seeking to operate a business working with children and young people must hold a blue card or an exemption card before commencing work if their work falls into a category of regulated business.
Read more about the requirements and any relevant exemptions under the category of:
- Health, counselling and support services
- Private teaching, coaching or tutoring
- Education and care services and similar businesses
- Child care services and similar businesses
- Education programs conducted outside of schools
- Religious representatives
- Child accommodation services including home stays
- Sport and active recreation
- Hostels for children other than residential facility
- Businesses relating to licensed care services under the Child Protection Act 1999
- Non-state schools - directors of governing bodies and authorised persons
Please note - if your business is run by a corporation, each executive officer of the corporation whose principal place of residence is in Australia must hold a blue card.
Last Updated: 28 April, 2015