To achieve our mission and mandate we:
- promote laws, policies and practices that uphold the rights, interests and wellbeing of children and young people, particularly those at risk
- conduct research into matters affecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- administer an employment screening system of certain types of child-related employment including educating the community about their obligation to comply with the Commission’s Act
- monitor, audit and review systems, policies and practices relating to services provided to children and young people receiving child protection or youth offending services
- administer a statewide Individual Advocacy and Resolution for children and young people in foster care, residential services or detention
- resolve and investigate complaints about services to children and young people known to the department, and
- maintain Queensland’s Child Death Register.
Find out more about the Commission’s services.
March 29, 2012
Print this page